|"This is what school should be. Everyone loving each other!" - Julia|
“I came that they might have life, and have it more abundantly.” John 10:10b
Some thoughts on love and abundant life on Valentines Day 2018, as we start Lent this year:
On January 24, 2018 we shared a story about our 7th graders spending time with the St Alphonsus Senior Group. Today we are honored to share some reflections from the seniors:
- "It was a JOY to see all the smiling faces and the fun the students had." Mary Lou W
- "Helping the boys make pizza was a riot." Char S
- "Watching the kids play with the puppets was uber-entertaining." Char S
- "It was fun. They were very polite." Pat A.
- "It was a wonderful opportunity to meet such well behaved and courteous students. It gave us reassurance we have some terrific leaders of the future." Pat R
- "It gives me such hope to see the quality of these fine students. It gives me hope for the future, especially in light of all the stressful news. It brings light and warmth to my heart." Jan S
- “I Love the ASA Core Values!”
- “ASA has helped me be a better person in faith, friendship, and kindness.”
- “Loving is when we feel like family.”
- “Faith means to have love for God.”
- “Love means learning and knowing new people and new faces.”
- "I love how teachers have us solve our problems by our selves.”
- Life keeps getting better, it’s a journey of becoming.
- Our freedom (free will) reveals God.
- We are meant for Heaven.
- We are made in God’s image.
- God’s love shines through our relationship with others.
- We area a sign of God’s presence in the world.
- We have faith and God forgives.
- God can bring good from bad (and even evil).
- By seeking and loving we find true good.
- Life is good because we have God in our lives.
- God loves us. We were made to love Him and each other.
- God has a plan for our time on this planet.
- Our life is a trace of God’s glory and a sign of his promise.
- Life is the most precious thing ever. It can be hard, but it is a very beautiful thing.
- We get to experience God everyday.
“In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
- John 16:33