Our new normal is not going to stop our ASA Girls on the Run team from fostering their emotional and physical health! The GOTR spring season was just beginning before our stay at home order took place. That will not stop our girls from staying strong physically and mentally this spring season! GOTR may not be meeting on school grounds for practices but their enthusiasm and heart continues to be strengthened at home.
GOTR continues to support and connect with the girls each week through motivating resources of YouTube videos and written formats for girls and families to follow. GOTR is providing fun, interactive lessons to continue to inspire our young girls to get moving, think and be creative. All of the lessons are inspired with the Girls on the Run Core Values in mind.
GOTR Core Values are:
- Recognize our power and responsibility to be intentional in our decision making
- Embrace our differences and find strength in our connectedness
- Express joy, optimism and gratitude through our words, thoughts and actions
- Lead with an open heart and assume positive intent
- Nurture our physical, emotional and spiritual health
- Stand up for ourselves and others
Some of the at home topics already covered included: We are Unique, We are Similar, Stand Up for Ourselves and Others, Movement Gratitude, Deal When Things Get Difficult, Caring Connections and Practice Positivity. We are grateful for the adaptations GOTR is making to continue to support our girls and we look forward to more inspiring activities to be delivered each week.
We are so proud of our ASA 3-5 grade GOTR girls as they continue to nourish their emotional and physical health during their weeks at home!